Leningrad: . Item #1078
134 pp.: ill., 4 blank leaves. 22,5x15 cm. In original constructivist wrappers. Covers and spine carefully restored, pale Soviet stamps of regional library on the half-title and the last page.
One of 150 copies. Very rare with no copies located in Worldcat.
Interesting that the constructivist cover design was chosen for the catalogue with art-nouveau decorative elements. The front cover features three colored triangles containing the words ‘printing’, ‘bookbinding’, ‘job printing’ (all activities of this enterprise).
The edition contains fonts for title pages and regular text, vignettes, head- and tailpieces, ornaments, initials. The blank leaves were supposed to present fonts for advertising posters, according to the relevant half-title. After them, colored advertisements are printed, including a notice of the newspaper that the Trade Chamber published.
A non-profit organization Northwestern Trade Chamber was established in Petrograd in 1921 for gathering enterprises, developing trade relations and promoting their economic interests. Most likely, this was the earliest catalogue of its printing house.
No copies located in Worldcat.