Moscow: Pishchepromizdat, 1939. Item #1491
288 pp.: ill., schemes. 20x14 cm. In original cardboards. Rubbed and soiled, crease of spine after title page, foxing on front endpaper and t.p.
First and only edition. One of 3000 copies. Very rare.
Comprehensive work on construction of all details of a butchery complex.
During the period of industrialization in the USSR, along with the development of heavy industry, there was a task to create a powerful food industry to supply the population with food. A special organization All-Union Design and Construction Trust ‘Miasokhladostroi’ was established under control of the People’s Commissariat of Food Industry of the USSR. In 1929-1940, more than 20 large meat plants were built in Moscow, Leningrad, Baku, Semipalatinsk, Orsk, etc. In 1936, statesman Anastas Mikoyan visited the United States to get acquainted with the latest technologies and managed to achieve the rapid development of the food industry. The new butchery combinats were equipped with advanced machinery; Mikoyan also supervised all construction projects.
This edition gave standards of the construction from foundation to special premises like refrigerator compartments. The text is supplemented by 280 technical drawings and schemes.
Not found in Worldcat.