[Tallinn]: Trükik. Kommunist, 1945. 99x72 cm. Backed, tears of edges and along creases restored, two fragments in the left lower corner restored (printer’s information affected). Otherwise mint.
In Estonian and Russian.
Advertising poster for wrestling championship. All-Union competitions were held in Tallinn for the first time. During World War II, Estonia was first annexed into the USSR in 1940, then occupied by Nazi Germany from 1941 to 1944. In September 1944, Tallinn was seized by the Soviet Union again. Greco-Roman or French wrestling was widely practiced and contested in the Russian Empire. It officially emerged in 1895 and was connected with names of V. Kraevskii and V. Pytliasinskii. The first Greco-Roman wrestling championship of Russia was held in Petersburg in 1897. In the Soviet period, the first Greco-Roman wrestling
championship took place in Kiev in 1924. Then, the championship became a part of the All-Union Spartakiade in 1928 and turned into an annual sport event.
The 14th USSR Greco-Roman Championship was held in Moscow from June 14 to June 17, 1945 (featherweight, middleweight and light heavyweight), in Tallinn from June 24 to July 1, 1945 (lightweight, light, welterweight and heavyweight). Eight people were allowed to participate in each of the seven weight categories.
Of these categories, Estonian wrestlers won three medals.