Saint Petersburg: Izd. Kartograficheskogo zavedeniia A. Il’ina, . 77x66,5 cm. In original printed wrappers. Tears of edges of covers, color pencil signature on front cover, few minor tears in intersections.
Scale is approximately 1:19 300.
This colored city map was released by the leader of Russian pre-revolutionary cartography. The enterprise was established in 1859 by military officers Alexei Ilyin (1832-1889) and Vladimir Poltoratsky (1830-1886), under the name The Chromolithography of Poltoratsky, Ilyin and Co. In 1864, one of the founders left Saint Petersburg and the company. By the 1880s, the company reached the peak of its production and released 90% of Russian civil maps. Ilyin and his sons were often the authors, compilers or editors of numerous publications, from educational atlases to fundamental cartographic works. After the 1918 nationalization, the firm turned into the First Cartographic Factory.
The map shows railway stations, hospitals, educational institutions, farms, factories, city parks, routes of horse-drawn cars, etc.