Moscow: Izd. Upravleniia kanala im. Moskvy Glavvodput’, 1973. 102x87 cm. Very good, few tears of edges, creases, pale and narrow water stain, minor blank fragment of upper margin lost.
For inner use, copy No. 190. Compiled by senior engineer-cartographer L. Paleeva. This map shows water bodies on the territory from the Vologda province to the Tula province and
from the Pskov province to the Gorky province [now Nizhny Novgorod oblast]. Initially named “the Moscow-Volga Canal”, this waterway has connected Volga and Moscow rivers, supplying the capital with water. It was built by Dmitlag prisoners in 1932–1937. In 1947, the Сanal was named after Moscow city. The whole construction of the Canal includes more than 240 hydraulic structures, including 10 dams. Seven hydroelectric stations were built along it.
The map indicates locks, canals, non-navigable reservoirs and lakes, reservoirs under construction, piers, backwaters, zones under control of the Moscow Canal Administration and Moscow River Navigation Administration, areas of technical structures, car roads and railways. Below the map, there is a schematic longitudinal profile of the waterway from the Oka river to the Rybinsk reservoir.