Moscow: Molodaya gvardiya, 1964. Item #32
352 pp. 20,5x13 cm.
Original illustrated cardboards. The binding is rubbed towards the edges, otherwise very good.
The first Russian edition came four years after the original was printed. The first translation was undertaken by two female translators, Nora Gal’ and Raisa Oblonskaya. Gal’ was well-known for her translations, translation theory and literary criticism. This translation is considered the best to this day.
The book was illustrated by Nikolay Grishin (1921-1985) who also executed the design for the binding. He became famous for illustrating Russian science-fiction — many books by Ivan Efremov, the Strugatsky brothers and others were issued with his illustrations.