Moscow: Izd-vo Assotsiatsii khudozhnikov rev. Rossii, 1926. Item #670
121,  pp.: ill. 22,5x15,5 cm. In original printed wrappers. Good, small tears of the spine and extremities, Soviet bookshop’s stamp on the back cover, damp stains.
One of 3100 copies. Rare. Wrappers, head and end pieces by S. Pavlov. The catalogue is dedicated to the exhibition which was held in 1926 in Moscow (and reduced in Leningrad). It includes introduction, introduction by Lunacharsky, catalogue of all works organized by 15 divisions like Siberia, Caucasus, Povolzhie, North, Uzbekistan, Sculpture and others, reproductions with captions, and alphabetical index of all participants with short bio. Among them were Arkhipov, Brodsky, Kiselis, Ioganson, Katsman, Kustodiev, Lentulov, Lansere, Maliutin, Radimov, Falk, Chashnikov, Manizer, and many others (overall 766 items on the list).
AKhRR (The Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia later known as Association of Artists of the Revolution) was a group of artists in the Soviet Union in 1922-1933. Diverse members of the group gained favor as the legitimate bearers of the Communist ideas into the world of art, formulating framework for the Socialist Realism style. Despite its revolutionary title, it successfully united artists of the ‘‘old school’’. In a decade, it grew up from 80 to over 300 members. (Wikipedia)
In the 1920s, exhibitions became the main direction of AHRR activity, about 70 exhibitions were organized in the capital and other cities. The Akhrovites introduced the thematic principle of exhibitions into their practice, which was a new phenomenon and had a great success with the audience.
Worldcat doesn’t locate any copies.