Moscow: Moskovskii rabochii, 1932. Item #825
40 pp.: ill. 17x12,5 cm. In original illustrated wrappers. Tear near the staple, previous owner’s marks, otherwise very good.
First and only edition. One of 10 000 copies.
This is an interesting work on the effectivity of the atheist publications in the local Red Army periodicals.
The atheism was set as one of the key components of the Soviet man’s worldview. The period of the 1920s is characterized by relative freedom for atheist organizations. In 1929, a circular “On Measures Strengthening Anti-religious Work” marked the moment when the propaganda had come under direction of the Communist Party. The existed godless editions were declared weak and insufficient for the mass campaign. The situation had reached the crisis point - the printed media had to change the content and style of texts. An atheist journalist G. Struchkov gave the set of guidelines on how the anti-religious publications should be written. He obliged the journalists to observe the activity of each godless organization in the Red Army because even among them was separation to ‘the right and left wings’.
The 1930s demands to the atheist periodicals became unbearable and made them cease the publication.
Not found on Worldcat.