Volumes 1-2 [all published]. Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe Arkhitekturnoe Izdatelstvo Akademii Arkhitektury SSSR, 1942-1944. Vol 1. 1942. 79 pp.: ill. 22,5x17 cm. One of 3000 copies printed. Vol 2. 1944. 72 pp.: ill. 21,7x17,4 cm. One of 3000 copies printed.
The edition was prepared by the Academy of the Architecture of the USSR.
The 1st volume was produced in October of 1942 and covered the damage of the architectural landmarks in Tver, Kaluga, Mozhaisk, Bogoroditsk, Yarpolets. The second part of the volume includes photographs from the sights damaged with the photos of how they looked before the destruction. The overview of the damages was given in the article ‘The Protection and Restoration of the Architecture’ by professor Dmitrii Sukhov (1867-1958) (vol. 1). It mentions that the special committee for the accounting of the damage was created in July of 1942 and the planning of the restoration has begun.
The 2nd volume gives the overview of the damages of New Jerusalem monastery, Staritsa, Torzhok, Nikolskoe-Gagarino, Ershovo, Borovsk. All of the chapters are accompanied by photos, and in the case of New Jerusalem professor Sukhov painted two views of the monastery - before and after the destruction. Both volumes were edited by Benedict Kotlovker (1872-after1944) who is best-known as a publisher in pre-revolutionary Russia who was printing some of the most popular newspapers of the 1910s: ‘Kopeika’ (with the print run of 250 000 copies in 1914), ‘Vampir’, ’Solntse Rossii’, ‘Vsemirnaya Panorama’. In the 1920s-40s he was working as an editor of the literature on architecture. Important historic evidence of the time.